Dota 2 Reborn Mod Install/Create Tutorial

[7.00 patch+]

« Older   Newer »

1. Janry G-Malvar
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (LikeShady @ 12/15/2016, 08:18 AM) 
    QUOTE (Flyzone @ 15/12/2016, 01:54) 
    After I download a weather effect for example, in your second step you say to put the files inside the pak01_dir folder but you don't say where to put the pak01_dir folder from the tools pack. One more thing, after I completed those steps, is the mod installed and that's it?
    This website is incredibly confusing for someone who never modded before, you should've included a complete tutorial in this topic and not take for granted that everyone modded before.

5)Copy or cut the "pak01_dir.vpk" and navigate to where you installed Dota 2 (..\Steam\steamapps\common\dota2 beta\game\)

6)Create a folder and name it as you wish, i recommend simple names, let's use "mods" for the sake of this tutorial

7)Paste inside the "mods" folder (that you just created) the file "pak01_dir.vpk" capied before

weather effects are made by changing a file called "items_game.txt" this file needs to be updated when valve update the same adding new things, in case of 7.00 the added a lots, so basically all of these mods are broken now and need fix.

in the tutorial a say where to put the pak01_dir.vpk after the program creates it, check steps 5,6 and 7

QUOTE (Janry G-Malvar @ 15/12/2016, 00:16) 
    bro. im not into ARCANA or SETS modding. im just using mods like terrain, huds, loading screens, particle effects, item icons, heroes icons. do u know the reason why my HEROES ICONS not working. resource > flash3 > images > heroes. before there is no problem but now that is the only folder that is not working (huds and items on same folder is working. thanks man

it works, they icons change..

G4zoOHM

QUOTE (Bùi Tùng Dng @ 15/12/2016, 05:14) 
    Big thanks for Shady. Hope you can fix Monkey King soon :)

fix what? if you mean the model change when leveling up the ult it's like CM's dog, it will never be there

its in the right folder right?

2. Crayon ShinChan
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for resource viewer :D

3. Marveezy
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Janry G-Malvar @ 12/15/2016, 11:01 AM) 
    After I download a weather effect for example, in your second step you say to put the files inside the pak01_dir folder but you don't say where to put the pak01_dir folder from the tools pack. One more thing, after I completed those steps, is the mod installed and that's it?
    This website is incredibly confusing for someone who never modded before, you should've included a complete tutorial in this topic and not take for granted that everyone modded before.

5)Copy or cut the "pak01_dir.vpk" and navigate to where you installed Dota 2 (..\Steam\steamapps\common\dota2 beta\game\)

6)Create a folder and name it as you wish, i recommend simple names, let's use "mods" for the sake of this tutorial

7)Paste inside the "mods" folder (that you just created) the file "pak01_dir.vpk" capied before

weather effects are made by changing a file called "items_game.txt" this file needs to be updated when valve update the same adding new things, in case of 7.00 the added a lots, so basically all of these mods are broken now and need fix.

in the tutorial a say where to put the pak01_dir.vpk after the program creates it, check steps 5,6 and 7

bro. im not into ARCANA or SETS modding. im just using mods like terrain, huds, loading screens, particle effects, item icons, heroes icons. do u know the reason why my HEROES ICONS not working. resource > flash3 > images > heroes. before there is no problem but now that is the only folder that is not working (huds and items on same folder is working. thanks man

G4zoOHM

fix what? if you mean the model change when leveling up the ult it's like CM's dog, it will never be there

B4oJf6N
    dSXiQWr

where did you download all those hero icons ?

4. Janry G-Malvar
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Marveezy @ 12/15/2016, 03:17 PM) 
    QUOTE (Janry G-Malvar @ 12/15/2016, 11:01 AM) 

G4zoOHM

B4oJf6N
    dSXiQWr

where did you download all those hero icons ?

own made. been using this for about how many years now cant remember. thats why im so sad

5. jhontorisimo
        +1   -1

User deleted

una aplicacion porfavor

6. Dota lvoer
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks shady it is really easy i didnt try before . thank u for this easy and quick step

7. cuocsongxanh
        +1   -1

User deleted

hey shady, all arcana pack still use?

8. Görkem Onat
        +1   -1

User deleted

I can't get Monkey King arcana effects. I know what i should do. But it's not just happening. Please help.

9. gackuto
        +1   -1

User deleted

Well, my vpk.exe keeps closing so fast, when I try to install it. I remember "shady install" did the same, but I cannot remember how I fixed it.

10.     +1   -1

Spammer King

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (gackuto @ 16/12/2016, 02:02) 
    Well, my vpk.exe keeps closing so fast, when I try to install it. I remember "shady install" did the same, but I cannot remember how I fixed it.

No man, you dont have to rune vpk.exe but "Create vpk-archive from pak01_dir folder.bat"
    i said in the guide, please read.....

11. Janry G-Malvar
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (LikeShady @ 12/16/2016, 01:14 PM) 
    QUOTE (gackuto @ 16/12/2016, 02:02) 

No man, you dont have to rune vpk.exe but "Create vpk-archive from pak01_dir folder.bat"

bro did u see my comment thats the hero icons i was talking about (the only thing not working) its in the right folder right?

12.     +1   -1

Spammer King

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (Janry G-Malvar @ 16/12/2016, 15:48) 
    CITAZIONE (LikeShady @ 12/16/2016, 01:14 PM) 

bro did u see my comment thats the hero icons i was talking about (the only thing not working) its in the right folder right?

send me that, i'll try to install it

13. Janry G-Malvar
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (LikeShady @ 12/16/2016, 03:53 PM) 
    QUOTE (Janry G-Malvar @ 16/12/2016, 15:48) 

thanks bro. but where and how? i already made it .rar

14. gackuto
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (LikeShady @ 16/12/2016, 09:14) 
    QUOTE (gackuto @ 16/12/2016, 02:02) 

Well, in any case, I did all the steps correctly and no mods show up. I give up for now.

15. Janry G-Malvar
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Janry G-Malvar @ 12/16/2016, 04:04 PM) 
    QUOTE (LikeShady @ 12/16/2016, 03:53 PM) 

thanks bro. but where and how? i already made it .rar

nevermind. i just made a quick account on mediafire. pm it to you

76 replies since 14/12/2016, 20:48   37503 views