Prismatic Gem

use Dota2 Workshop Tools to change Ethereal Gem effects' colors

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group

Status

Now, i know the reason why the prismatic gems can change the effects' color of Ethereal gems.
    The core is "Remap control point to the vector".
    use the Ethereal: Felicity's Blessing to show you how to change particles' color
    1. copy the original particles to our project folder.

21cin91

1zm12q9

2.use Dota2 Workshop Tools to open your effect(parent)

2a9y342

found the lowest child with color (in this case contain grass, butterfly and bugs ) and open the file. In the particle Editor we click on the Initiliazer and select "Remap control point to vector"

wa0uvc

20glagy

3.set the input control point number to 15 or other number. then,select the created Initializer and change the output field to Color.

2j6682c

Ethereal: Felicity's Blessing default color is Light Green
    change the input maximum to 183,207,51 (Light Green's RGB-Code).
    The coloring-intensity of the output-recoloring is a number between 0 to 1, so we change that to our output maximum.

2hwjih5

9ga5u8

208y8ig

4.Save all your changes. You can see that the output particle file inherited all changes and CP's from it's childs. Repeat this process for Ethereal: Felicity's Blessing (it contain Grass, butterflies, and bugs )
    5.copy the edited particle effects to your mods folder, use scripts to load the effects(only parent effect)
    Best Wishes.

2. thunderhead
        +1   -1

User deleted

tks this help me a lot. You should be more specific in step 5 about where to find the file and other stuff for beginners like me to be easier to find. But anyway GJ.
    Question: How do you fix the x particle? I keep getting it after the second tried.

Edited by thunderhead - 21/3/2017, 22:37

3. John Rey Palacios
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dude thanks for this, btw can u explain step 4 and 5 a bit more? Coz im new to this quite get confusing. Also in step1 do u make another folder of all those effects?

4. Bbz2
        +1   -1

User deleted

Up up up

3 replies since 15/3/2017, 21:46   1910 views