Error when changing gameinfo.gi

« Older   Newer »

1. xxNICOMAKIxx
        +1   -1

User deleted

Please help I got this error after doing everything. Not what is doing this but if I don't change the gameinfo.gi nothing changes from default game

CDOTAEventSchema::Initialize:()
    Failed to initialize event schema. Error parsing event 'EVENT_ID_FALL_MAJOR_2015'. Error parsing 'activate_item_defs'. Item def '16727' not found.

2.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    there are "bugs" in your script , like you must've edited your script "wrongly" xd basically you get this error when there is something wrong in your script , its a common error ...

3. xxNICOMAKIxx
        +1   -1

User deleted

yea I used the Arcana pack's script and stuff works except for some. Gonna try adding each individual item's script with the help of the item script list someone put up ( I can't find who it is but it should be famous enough ) anyway thanks for the help!

4. NekoYarou
        +1   -1

User deleted

it does happen to me too. i've downloaded Shady's modpack without changing anything. and the same error appears.

5. Taka Fidihama
        +1   -1

User deleted

I've fix this error when replacing gameinfo.gi. all i do is getting item_games.txt from the original pak01_dir.vpk from dota, then replacing the item "anti mage's glaive" till "io's head" with code from moded item_games.txt then compiling it on vpk.exe and it works for me

6. John Lorenzo
        +1   -1

User deleted

Video

check this tut

7. A.J.O. Manalansan
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (xxNICOMAKIxx @ 16/3/2017, 18:46) 
    Please help I got this error after doing everything. Not what is doing this but if I don't change the gameinfo.gi nothing changes from default game

CDOTAEventSchema::Initialize:()
    Failed to initialize event schema. Error parsing event 'EVENT_ID_FALL_MAJOR_2015'. Error parsing 'activate_item_defs'. Item def '16727' not found.

The gameinfo.gi is NOT the problem here... It is YOUR ITEMS_GAME.TXT(script)... This parsing script error problem happens when new cosmetic items, or even game improvement that has NEW MODIFICATIONS on items_game.txt has arrived.

You see, your OLD items_game.txt does not included those newly arrived cosmetic items, but the NEW items_gAme.txt have those. Thats why you need to migrate through the NEW items_game.txt and REMODIFY the script...

If you dont want to manually MOD items_game.txt... DOTA2 items_game.txt Injector will Do that for you. Watch this:

Tutorial:
    Video

Hero sets database example:
    Video

6 replies since 16/3/2017, 18:46   1388 views