« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   +1   -1

Freelance Designer/Video Editor

Group
    Modder

Status
    Anonymous
    Hey Guys, Here's the Tutorial :

sry again for delay and there's no action included in the this tutorial - only talking

2.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    hey buddy, just came by to say thank you for the blender tutorial , i really get into it and pushed my modding skill to the next level :) BIG THANKS again, i have few question tho about the model that doesn't have bones when exported into blender, usually what i would do is use another model and attach the skeleton to the mesh i want but "auto weight" doesnt seems to always work , and there is the other thing, prolly will be covered in this tutorial , which is models that have custom animation like WD Bonkers the Mad or CM white sentry, and attach points :)

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Modder

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Crystal Rylai @ 3/24/2018, 06:54 PM) 
    hey buddy, just came by to say thank you for the blender tutorial , i really get into it and pushed my modding skill to the next level :) BIG THANKS again, i have few question tho about the model that doesn't have bones when exported into blender, usually what i would do is use another model and attach the skeleton to the mesh i want but "auto weight" doesnt seems to always work , and there is the other thing, prolly will be covered in this tutorial , which is models that have custom animation like WD Bonkers the Mad or CM white sentry, and attach points :)

Hey Ty For Watching My Tutorial

First : I've Explained In The Tutorial About The The Custom Animations - Things You Have To Do : 1 - Open Up Sfm In Workshop 2 - Drag a Model From the Default Window That Opens First ( Asset Browser ) And Put it In Sfm Then You'll Importing/Exporting Animations To/From It .
    Importing/Exporting Animations : Since I Don't have Workshop, I Can't Be Specific About The Name Of Parts But At The Left Top Corner There Are Some Options, Search In Em And Mess Around With It Untill u Get Comfortable and You'll Definitely Find The Part About Importing Animations And Then Exporting Them And Don't Forget You'll Have To Import Them To Blender Afterwards ! - Gl Hf

Second : Each Bone Is Made For The Mesh And The Problem You Encounter Is From Blender Vmesh Plugin And Us Modders Encounter This Problem Alot As Well

4.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    hm i got everything , but animation work only in lan games while online they are just static

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Modder

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Crystal Rylai @ 3/25/2018, 08:24 PM) 
    hm i got everything , but animation work only in lan games while online they are just static

why don't u upload the files for me so I check em out my self?

6.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    alright :) so i wanted to make WD ward to test how remodeling works and learn how to do it properly, since it it have his own animation, no activity attached to the original Witch Doctor model. I even tried to add activity and make it "ribbitar" and add in in item_game.txt as activity, but no luck there ether, is strange that some animation can be override with item_game.txt only and some doesn't. Last thing is in lan game the animations sequence isnt right, spawn animation it' looped for some reason even tho it was unchecked and the Idle which should be looped doesn't play at all, Anyway thanks for helping me out, really appreciate it :)

www.mediafire.com/file/d6xei60nlhhektb/WD_ribbitar.rar

7.     +1   +1   -1

Noob Modder

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    hi!, just a noob modder's comment passing by

u cant mod item without base anim. u can only override base anims by ur mods
    for example sniper immortal gun
    immortal has 4 attack anims. normal/fast/faster/fastest, u cant mod all attack anims. choose 1 immortal anims to replace base attack anim.
    more than 1 attack anims wont work in online game/lobby, dota will read the upmost attack anim :D
    qHjPBJ3

8.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    what software you're using, that looks quite handful :D ok, so what i have to do it take the ribbitar ward and choose one of the original WD ward animation to replace it with? so i need to get rid of spawn idle and leave only the idle animation? and doesn't work if i do like "ACT_DOTA_IDLE" then add another one with two part actions like [1]"ACT_DOTA_IDLE" [2]"ACT_DOTA_IDLE" + "injured" for example

9.     +1   -1

Noob Modder

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Valve Resource Viewer

10.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    cool ty :)i had the old version i guess ^^ so back to the re-modeling, you saying it's actually possible to add animation to the item it self rather than re-modelling the whole HERO with the custom animations and override them ? this is what i actually had in mind but not sure if it's gonna work or if i still need to add the item animation to the hero as well :P

11.     +1   -1

Noob Modder

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    fyi, wd ward has no base anims. ur anims mod wont work online

12.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ah gotcha, thank you very much , so that mean wont work with CM sentry ward ether since it have no base animation :) what i have to do is replace the arcana base animation with the arcana wardstaff is that correct?

13.     +1   -1

Noob Modder

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Crystal Rylai @ 3/29/2018, 12:52 AM) 
    ah gotcha, thank you very much , so that mean wont work with CM sentry ward ether since it have no base animation :) what i have to do is replace the arcana base animation with the arcana wardstaff is that correct?

yes :D

14. ILoveDota2
        +1   -1

User deleted

pls make this a tutorial, i want to learn how to put animations on items

15.     +1   -1

Group

Status
    Pls make the new juggernaut bladedance animation an example. My English is too bad to learn this tutorial.

17 replies since 19/3/2018, 02:11   1302 views